Thursday, August 1, 2013

Tough Thursday turns Great!

After 2 days off not exercising (due to a conference) getting in a good run this morning I knew would be challenging. I decided to just go out and see how I feel & go with it. 

I have to admit at the start I was still half asleep. I felt like I was fighting the first mile- and having the news reported  in my ears did not provide any inspiration. Lucky for me, the streaming radio signal fell out and while in mid run I had to take my iPhone out of the arm band and choose my playlist music. The tunes really helped me get up some of those hills. Oh no! I had suddenly realized, was I trying for distance, pace or simply running to run?

I had set the meter on my cell but was running without a clear intention and now well into my run...I was so tired when I started that I was just putting myself in motion to help me feel better. I decided to just run slow and steady and not try to improve anything...but the longer I was out the more I wanted to run. So today I was out for over 45 minutes and I was thrilled to have done so non-stop..and on a day I was feeling so blah at my start!! 

I think I am on my way to becoming that runner after all! 

Today's run: 4.57 miles
Weight: after the conference I was too afraid to get on the scale!
Pace: 11:19 ish
Music: Gnarls Barkley

No comments: