Monday, July 29, 2013

Training: Running Groups, Trainers & Apps - oh my!

Seems with all the apps out there - you need to be using several at one time to get what you need.  I have been using (though not faithfully til this week) 10K Runner app. I need help to build up to the 10k I have to run in August. I am only a couple miles away but am hoping to do it right and not overdo it. However, the app only provides a running plan and voice que's on what to be doing. I still have to run my music on another app and then I am left without knowing my pace, or mileage. Which I had previously been recording on Walkmeter - but not using the planning only documenting what I was doing & where I was at with my activities. I hate the thought of investing in a GPS watch but my phone can only run so many apps at one time.

I realize my inexperience is showing here- but as I read reviews of new apps that might do more- I see the same or similar complaints repeated.

I am also realizing after this 10k, I need to buckle down & find some better training...where to begin? Running groups? private training? Meetup? Join a group training in September for LA marathon thru Asics? While I am not running a marathon, I like the idea of something lower cost - glad I still have time to plan for Austin...but feeling overwhelmed at which way to go.

I guess like everything, it's one foot in front of the other.
 
Today's Run: 4.2 miles
Weight: 130
Pace: ?
Music: Eminem

No comments: