Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Post Race Run

I was pretty sore on Saturday after doing my own personal relay race. Thankfully, while I had misjudged the biking to & from the race, I had the sanity to book an hour and half massage that afternoon.  She saved me though I think she enjoyed it far less with all my "ow!" and " wow that hurts!" remarks during the massage.

Obviously, I had to take Sunday off to rest and recoup but threw in Monday as an additional rest day purely for my own state of mind. And let's be honest, I was scared to run again for fear of feeling all those sore muscles telling me I am not 20 anymore!

So back to my morning 30 minute, 3 mile run... it was not as bad as I anticipated nor was it was good as I had really hoped. I felt the sore muscles out of the gate but once they warmed up,  it was better and as I was beginning to catch my pace and feel a groove, I hit the first hill....it was an ugly run up. All my muscles were screaming at me to walk but I kept running up it, trying to tune them out and concentrate on my music....Thank god a great dance song came on right when I needed it, as I needed some inspiration to get up that hill!  That song pushed me up & over. Amazing how music can help when you exercise!

With 93% humidity this morning, I finished my run a sweaty mess but happy that first run back is out of the way!  Onward and upward! 


Best song for getting up that hill or picking up your pace: Mr Saxobeat- Alexandra Stan
Fastest pace: 9:27
Avg Pace: 10:40
Distance: 3.12

No comments: