Monday, August 12, 2013

Sidelined by a virus.

So my run on last Tuesday was horrible - 3.23 mi, 11 min/mi but I felt awful. I could not figure out why it was so hard and I began to doubt that I will ever be able to do a half let alone the upcoming 10k. You doubt yourself on bad run days- negative thoughts fill your mind...what are you  doing??? You are not a runner! How on earth will you run the 10k and its right around the corner..3.23 just nearly killed you!

My legs were hurting, my body was not feeling it and I just decided to stop & rest. However, the next day I felt worse and I began to get a fever intermittently. No appetite, feeling super tired, and I just simply could not shake the fever for more that a couple hours with advil.  I stayed home from work 2 days last week and did not exercise. I was still thinking the whole time I laid on the sofa resting and sleeping, that I may end up regressing from being sick and not running. I worried about the first day back...Would I have lost the momentum I gained thus far?

Saturday: Still not feeling 100% but feeling better than I had all week. I was supposed to join the LA Leggers, a local running/training club that helps people train for Half & Marathons, on Saturday for orientation & a timed run to know what group I would be running with from August thru next March. Thankfully, they have another orientation next Saturday which I will make- come hell or high water!

Sunday: I felt more like myself and went for a short run- it was hard, my body was still kinda fighting me but I got interupted on my cell phone nearing mile two and had to run home to see a friend that dropped by that morning. To be honest, I was grateful she interuppted my run, I had more time to recoup and still got a short little run in my weekend. Tomorrow I will run for distance- 5 miles, I hope! I have my 10k run on Aug 24 which is right around the corner! I have to make up for lost time and get back some self confidence in my running abilities! To my surprise, running is not just a test on my body's fitness & endurance, it is also becoming very challenging for me mentally.

Wish me luck tomorrow morning!

No comments: