Thursday, August 15, 2013

5 Mile run accomplished !

My run this week was probably not my best- but I did it... I ran 5 miles and actually I think I ran more than that but how much more is still in question. It seems as I was rounding my way closer to home I checked my iPhone run tracker app to see if I might need to add another block or two to get to 5 miles. At that point I see 4.65 miles and realize I just need another block run and back and I have hit my goal! Tired but still determined, I ran around the block and as I was rounding the corner to my house, I was dragging and looked at my tracker to see if I might have already hit it and I can walk finally....but instead I see 4.65 again!!!  WHAT?????!!!!! 

I realized at that moment I must have hit the stop button somehow when I checked it...my heart sank.  I am exhausted, and I have no idea if I just hit my all time best distance or not. As I walked back the rest of the way, I was angry and disappointed. Can I really celebrate an estimated win? 

I remembered that I still had my fitbit tracker on and synced it with my iPhone - it said I had hit over 5 miles but it is also not the most accurate in matching my tracker and it underestimates often. But somehow it all felt anticlimactic and I was disappointed I had no record of the great run I had anticipated. 

It took me most of this week to get over it and let go of perfection, I need to enjoy the fact that I did what I set out to do- run 5 miles!!! 

I am stronger than I thought I was and getting stronger and that is enough. 


No comments: