Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Looking ahead & going for it!

Well, This blog may end sooner than planned. After my 10 mile run this weekend, I was feeling optimistic, in spite of the knee pain. I signed up for the Malibu Half Marathon on November 10th!
With only 2 days left for registration, I just pulled the trigger.

I decided, even if I have to walk the last 3 miles, I am going to do this & end this year plus all this training so far on a HIGH note. I am still registerd for Austin's Half Marathon, which I plan to complete as well. But I al looking at this as the GOAL reacher, and a learning experience. I hope to make the Austin run that much better, having completed one already and knowing what to expect of myself. I can feel less pressured there and simply enjoy the challenge & check out this awesome city!

39 days left to train for it! I am both both excited and freaked out. According to my schedule, I get a 5 mile as my long run this weekend- so I am happy about that!  You will hear me complain the week after when I have to run... 12 miles! whew! tired already thinking about it! But like the rest, I thought  were impossible and I am going to prove to myself that I can do it!

Wish me luck as I continue to train!

No comments: