Saturday, October 5, 2013

Solo training run

Since this was a recovery week, and our long run was only 5 miles today, I decided to run this one without the group. Skipping the early am alarm, driving all the way to Santa Monica , finding parking, and then getting over to our meet up space. Then running, and making my way back to the car, paying for parking, and fighting traffic all the way home......yeah, I decided to do 5 miles in my hood and call it a day. I was so happy to only have to run 5,  a statement that seems crazy but clearly the training is working! 

I did not do the run/walk we do in our training, instead I ran nearly all of it and took only a few very short walk breaks. I also ran my fastest pace at 7:54 (likely downhill) and slowest pace at 11:19 (likely walking pace) but average around 10:20... 

The run overall was good, and I am glad to get it out of the way before the heat this weekend. I hit a few sets of stairs, and at the end one steep incline! I feel good, no knee problems, no hip issues, but yea- I am a little tired.

Next week: 12 miles! OMG!!!! I am terrified! 

Best run song today: Lose yourself - Eminem

No comments: