Saturday, September 21, 2013

Another 8 mile run!

This run went better than the first 8 mile run but I am thinking it may have been due to a less hilly course and possibly- the gummy bears.

The snack table was early in the run so I just grabbed some gummy bears and saved them for later. I loaded them in my water belt holster like gummy bullets. And tried them about about mile 4 and was encouraged by the yummy instant sugar bolt to help me keep going on this run.

No major knee or foot pain, so I am chalking that up to the course today. Mostly flat with only one hill. We had another runner fall today, a tall 6 foot 7 inch guy who had a long way to go before he hit the ground but it looked like he was not paying attention to the road changes and just tripped on uneven ground. 

I don't have a clue how I will be able to run 10 miles next week as I was so tired from this run. But I think I said that before when I had to run the 10k and that 8 milers...so here's hoping I can get into double digits injury-free!  6:45 am run next week and 10 miles - omg, I am nearly at the half marathon mileage! 

LA Leggers gather with their pace groups before the run starts! 

No comments: